Date:      Mon, 19 Feb 2018 14:18:15 -0800
From:      "Chris H" <bsd-lists@BSDforge.com>
To:        "FreeBSD Current" <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   kernel: failed: cg 5, cgp: 0xd11ecd0d != bp: 0x63d3ff1d

I'm seeing a number of messages like the following:
kernel: failed: cg 5, cgp: 0xd11ecd0d !=3D bp: 0x63d3ff1d

and was wondering if it's anything to be concerned with, or whether
fsck(8) is fixing them=2E
This began to happen when the power went out on a new install:
FreeBSD dns0 12=2E0-CURRENT FreeBSD 12=2E0-CURRENT #0: Wed Dec 13 06:07:59 PST =
2017
root@dns0:/usr/obj/usr/src/amd64=2Eamd64/sys/DNS0 amd64
which hadn't yet been hooked up to the UPS=2E
I performed an fsck in single user mode upon power-up=2E Which ended with the
mount points being masked CLEAN=2E I was asked if I wanted to use the JOURNAL=
=2E
I answered Y=2E
FWIW the systems are UFS2 (ffs) have gpart labels, and were newfs'd thusly:
newfs -U -j

Thank you for all your time, and consideration=2E

--Chris