Date:      Thu, 17 Apr 2008 21:28:45 +0200
From:      "Claus Guttesen" <kometen@gmail.com>
To:        "Jim Pingle" <lists@pingle.org>
Cc:        FreeBSD <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: php5 and postgresql 8.2/8.3

> > Replying to myself (and others :-) ). When compiling php5 statically
> > with postgresql-support apache no longer core dumps. I added
> > CONFIGURE_ARGS+=--with-pgsql to /usr/ports/lang/php5/Makefile.
>
>  Not sure if this would make much of a difference in your case, but have you
> tried moving the line for pgsql.so up higher in extensions.ini?
>
>  I've documented the issue here:
>  http://www.pingle.org/2006/10/18/php-crashes-extensions
>  http://www.pingle.org/2007/09/22/php-crashes-extensions-workaround
>
>  More info can be found in the archives as well.
>
>  If that does alleviate your problem, let me know and I'll add notes for
> pgsql.so to my workaround.

I did read this (or a similar) thread during my troubleshooting and
started with pgsql.so at the top and gradually moved it down to the
bottom and (re)starting apache and everytime it core dumped.

Thank you for the pointer though.

Forgot to mention that this is is the amd64-version of FreeBSD 7.0.

--
regards
Claus

the gentlest gamester is the soonest winner.

Shakespeare