Date:      Mon, 23 Jun 2008 21:31:45 -0400
From:      kalin m <kalin@el.net>
To:        mysql@lists.mysql.com, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: mysql 5.0.51b and ssl

from what i understand this is not uncommon. and it goes back to 2005.
and it has to do with the fact that the machine identifies itself as
amd64 even though it's an intel machine.

what's not clear is what needs to be recompiled whit -fPIC?! my guess is
openssl needs to. why?

are there any flags i can change in the Makefile for the mysql build?
does it have to be a 'shared'? static?!

thanks...