Date:      Tue, 28 Aug 2001 13:29:59 -0700
From:      Jordan Hubbard <jkh@freebsd.org>
To:        mcgovern@beta.com
Cc:        mike@sentex.net, murray@freebsd.org, freebsd-qa@freebsd.org, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 4.4-RC2 is now available

From: Brian McGovern <mcgovern@beta.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2001 16:07:38 -0400

> Before anyone says 'Quote examples', I'll point you to the freebsd-qa mailing
> list, where I've given exact locations and behaviors that didn't make sense
> (repeatedly).

I believe that all known sysinstall bogons should be fixed this week
and there will, indeed, be another RC rolled to cover those.  Probably
fairly soon, making the lifetime of RC2 a bit short.

> Why I'm on the topic, who is the 'official' person doing Release Engineering
> and/or working on sysinstall (I'm used to Jordan doing both)?

Both Murray and I are doing the RE work, with Eric doing some of
the brea^H^H^H^Hfixes for sysinstall.  Any one of us will jump in on
any known problems before RC3 ships since, as you note, time is short.

- Jordan