Date:      Tue, 6 Jul 1999 09:12:54 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Christoph Kukulies <kuku@gilberto.physik.RWTH-Aachen.DE>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   3.2 (also 3.1) froze my keyboard

I don't know whether it's due to my rather old hardware (VLB board with
486 DX2/66) but up to 2.2.8 I had no problem with the keyboard.

But with 3.1 (and 3.2) my keyboard is frozen after the machine is up
and the login: prompt has appeared on the console.

Clueless.

#
# DUKE
#

machine		"i386"
cpu		"I486_CPU"
ident		DUKE
maxusers	32

options		MATH_EMULATE		#Support for x87 emulation
options		INET			#InterNETworking
options		FFS			#Berkeley Fast Filesystem
options		NFS			#Network Filesystem
options		MSDOSFS			#MSDOS Filesystem
options		"CD9660"		#ISO 9660 Filesystem
options		PROCFS			#Process filesystem
options		"COMPAT_43"		#Compatible with BSD 4.3
options		"SCSI_DELAY=15"		#Be pessimistic about Joe SCSI device
#options	BOUNCE_BUFFERS		#include support for DMA bounce buffers
options		UCONSOLE		#Allow users to grab the console
options		MROUTING
options		KTRACE
options		USER_LDT
options		USERCONFIG
#options		DEVFS
#options		DEVFS_ROOT

options		SYSVSHM
options		SYSVSEM
options		SYSVMSG
##options		"GUSMAX"
options		NETATALK
##options IPFIREWALL
##options IPFIREWALL_VERBOSE

config		kernel	root on wd0

controller	isa0

controller	fdc0	at isa? port "IO_FD1" bio irq 6 drq 2 vector fdintr
disk		fd0	at fdc0 drive 0
disk		fd1	at fdc0 drive 1

controller	wdc0	at isa? port "IO_WD1" bio irq 14 vector wdintr
disk		wd0	at wdc0 drive 0
disk		wd1	at wdc0 drive 1

controller	wdc1	at isa? port "IO_WD2" bio irq 15 vector wdintr
disk		wd2	at wdc1 drive 0
disk		wd3	at wdc1 drive 1

#options         ATAPI   #Enable ATAPI support for IDE bus
#device          wcd0    #IDE CD-ROM

device		mcd0	at isa? port 0x300 bio irq 10 vector mcdintr

device		vga0	at isa? port ? conflicts
# syscons is the default console driver, resembling an SCO console
device		sc0	at isa? port "IO_KBD" tty irq 1 vector scintr
# Enable this and PCVT_FREEBSD for pcvt vt220 compatible console driver
# The keyboard controller; it controlls the keyboard and the PS/2 mouse.
controller	atkbdc0	at isa? port IO_KBD tty
# Options for atkbd:
options		ATKBD_DFLT_KEYMAP	# specify the built-in keymap

# These options are valid for other keyboard drivers as well.
options		KBD_DISABLE_KEYMAP_LOAD	# refuse to load a keymap
options		KBD_INSTALL_CDEV	# install a CDEV entry in /dev

# `flags' for atkbd:
#       0x01    Force detection of keyboard, else we always assume a keyboard
# The AT keyboard
device		atkbd0	at isa? tty irq 1

device		npx0	at isa? port "IO_NPX" irq 13 vector npxintr

device		sio0	at isa? port "IO_COM1" tty irq 4 vector siointr
device		sio1	at isa? port "IO_COM2" tty irq 3 vector siointr

controller	snd0
device gus0 at isa? port 0x220 irq 12 drq 1 flags 0x3 vector gusintr

# Supported interfaces:
# ppc	ISA-bus parallel port interfaces.
#
controller	ppbus0
device		lpt0	at ppbus?
##device		ppc0	at isa? disable port? tty irq 7

# Order is important here due to intrusive probes, do *not* alphabetize
# this list of network interfaces until the probes have been fixed.
# Right now it appears that the ie0 must be probed before ep0. See
# revision 1.20 of this file.

device ed0 at isa? port 0x200 net irq  11 iomem 0xcc000 vector edintr

pseudo-device	loop
pseudo-device	ether
pseudo-device	bpfilter 4
pseudo-device   ccd 4
pseudo-device	sl	1
# ijppp uses tun instead of ppp device
#pseudo-device	ppp	1
pseudo-device	tun	1
pseudo-device	pty	16
pseudo-device	gzip		# Exec gzipped a.out's