Date:      Tue, 05 Sep 2000 12:21:03 +0700
From:      Roger Merritt <mcrogerm@stjohn.ac.th>
To:        Kent Stewart <kstewart@urx.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: mounting ATAPI cdroms

At 07:15 PM 9/4/00 -0700, you wrote:
>This is strange. I did a cvsup at 5:24 PST and the installworld
>finished at ~7:10. Warner thought that I might be able to get away
>with out booting to single user mode and so far that has been true. I
>am currently running 4.1-stable from that cvsup.
>
>The messages about "Creating ad2" and etc. in your dmesg was something
>new. I have never seen those messages during a boot before.
>
>Did you do an installworld before you ran mergemaster.
>
>Kent

Yes, I did. Sorry I left that out of my list.

Latest news, I just finished building world for 4.1-RELEASE (had a
little confusion over the name of the kernel until I remembered the
UPDATES comment) and it seems to be running fine. It has no problem
with the cd-rom. I'm going to start cvsup to 4-STABLE now (I have a
slow connection so it'll probably take 10-12 hours) and try again. I
have to take tomorrow off for some other business, so it'll be Thursday
(Thai time) before I can tell if the latest STABLE works for me. Still,
I cvsupped at least once (and I think it was twice *after* 25 August)
and it still didn't.
--
Roger