Date:      Mon, 11 Sep 2000 23:42:58 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Bosko Milekic <bmilekic@dsuper.net>
To:        Alfred Perlstein <bright@wintelcom.net>
Cc:        net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Network stack journal.

On Mon, 11 Sep 2000, Alfred Perlstein wrote:

> Journal: threading the FreeBSD network stack.

	Great idea.

> So far I think I have a pretty sound system protecting sockets, there
> also some preliminary stuff with routes and pcbs but I need to work on
> those more.
>
> I've switched the ucred system to use atomic ops which should make it
> mpsafe.

	Do we have someone with SMP hardware resources to help us test this
  stuff when we need to?

> Journal continued at:
>   http://people.freebsd.org/~alfred/mpsafe/stackjournal.txt
>
> Work in progress:
>   http://people.freebsd.org/~alfred/mpsafe/mpsafestack.diff

	Here is my addition (as we discussed):

	http://www.technokratis.com/code/mbuf/mtx_journal

	(feel free to associate/link/unify this with your site - I'd like to
	keep it centralized with your stuff there).

	Also, I have version 2 of the mbuf mtx diff:

	http://www.technokratis.com/code/mbuf/mbuf_mtx-v2.patch

	[all are invited to test!]

	(version 1 is still there in its original form).

	I will soon be able to provide you with some real repo. diffs.

	I will also be able to provide you with some journal entries from
  time to time (as I poke around). Do you want me to Email that to you
  as it appears?

[...]

> --
> -Alfred Perlstein - [bright@wintelcom.net|alfred@freebsd.org]
> "I have the heart of a child; I keep it in a jar on my desk."

  Regards,

  Bosko Milekic
  bmilekic@technokratis.com