Date:      Wed, 24 Jul 2002 09:59:11 -0400
From:      "Brian T. Schellenberger" <bts@babbleon.org>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org, openoffice@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Problem building openoffice

On Tuesday 23 July 2002 11:24 am, Brian T. Schellenberger wrote:
| This is all gibberish to me . . . anybody have any ideas?
|
| I have a system which has all been freshly updated since Friday, so I'd
| expect everything to be in sync.
|
| [PS: Building openoffice has made me really learn to detest Sun.]

Never mind.

On a hunch I just wiped out everything, moved the entire port directory to
another partition (the original partition didn't have enough room so I'd been
doing this "tricky" manuever using a symlink to put the work space in a
different partition from the actual port directory) and rebuilt from scratch.

That is the *longest* port I've ever built, snatching the title from the
previous record holder (KDE3), but it built and installed flawlessly.

Thanks to the openoffice port folks.

PS: Is is really true that I still must use the Linux JDK?  I followed the
advice of the port-message and did so but I wondered if it was really
necessary.  Not that I guess there's a big problem with it, just a "general
principle of the thing" issue.

[gibberish deleted]

                                        http://www.babbleon.org

http://www.eff.org                      http://www.programming-freedom.org