Date:      Thu, 27 Jun 2019 10:45:28 +0200
From:      Bengt Ahlgren <bengt.ahlgren@ri.se>
To:        <freebsd-fs@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   zpool offline after replace?

I have a dual vdev raidz2 pool with 2x6 disks.  One disk is failing so I
did a zpool replace with a more or less identical disk without first
offline:ing the failing disk, as I have done a couple of times before
without issues:

# zpool replace pool diskA diskB

The resilvering started, but is very slow - the failing disk is simply
in a worse state than I thought, so I want to offline it:

# zpool offline pool diskA

So, to the question: Is this safe to offline the failing disk that is in
the process of being replaced?  The server runs 11.2-REL, if that
matters.

Regards,

Bengt