Date:      Fri, 01 Apr 2005 23:20:20 +0200
From:      Bruno Van Den Bossche <brvdboss@spymac.com>
To:        Francois Tigeot <ftigeot@wolfpond.org>
Cc:        dougb@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Windowmaker crashes when kplayer is finished

Francois Tigeot wrote:

[wmaker + Qt problem]

> I have compiled a new windowmaker-0.91.0 with the new patch-net_wm_icon
> file, and the problem still remains.
>
> I can howewer confirm, the problem is exactly as you described it:
> applications do not freeze, but they do not receive keyboard and mouse
> input.
>
> I have configured a key shortcut to maximize the current window with
> wmpref. File/Open Location still reliably "freezed" konqueror as described
> in the PR. I then activated the shortcut and the Open dialog appeared
> fullscreen. I could then close it and continue to interact with konqueror
> normally.

I can confirm this.  In an attempt to exclude the environment or
configuration issues I removed Qt, qmake, kdelibs and everything
depending on it.  (pkg_deinstall)  And then reïnstalled it all (portinstall)

The behaviour stayes the same.
Same things happens with a brand new configuration of windowmaker
(running windowmaker as new user to exclude wmaker-configuration issues)

> Thanks for your insight, now I know this is a real bug :)

Now we only need to find it :)

Bruno