Date:      Thu, 6 Mar 2003 13:37:59 +0100
From:      Stefan Bethke <stb@lassitu.de>
To:        Franz Klammer <klammer@webonaut.com>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org, FreeBSD-gnome <gnome@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Failure building x11-fonts/fontconfig [LONG] - now shortened

Am Donnerstag, 06.03.03, um 13:25 Uhr (Europe/Berlin) schrieb Franz
Klammer:

> i would sugget, that you shoud first check your ports with
> "pkg_version -l \<" for outdated ports upgrade these first.
> you will see many ports with this command - even up-to-date ports,
> because:

OK, that lists a large number of outdated ports.

> also i've seen that you have many ports up to in triplicate
> and more (docbook even 6x). which can cause many problems.

Some of this (esp. docbook) is intentional (see the docbook meta-port).

> you have portupgrade installed. did this happens while updateing
> with portupgrade? i've avoid this with setting
>
>     sanity_checks = false
>
> in usr/local/etc/pkgtools.conf
>
> it's maybe not the perfect solution, but since i've
> (as good as) never problems with double installations.

I've decided to ditch /usr/local (and /var/db/pkg) and start over...
we'll see how fast I can mess up the package db again :-)

Thanks for your suggestions!

Stefan

--
Stefan Bethke <stb@lassitu.de>   Fon +49 170 346 0140