Date:      Wed, 20 Mar 2013 02:39:14 +0000
From:      Steve Wills <swills@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Baptiste Daroussin <bapt@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: [CFT] New dialog for ports

On 03/14/13 09:55, Baptiste Daroussin wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Ilya A. Arkhipov wrote dialog4ports which has just been added into the ports
> tree ports-mgmt/dialog4ports, this is intended to be a replacement for dialog(1)
> designed specifically for the options, in particular for optionsng.
>
> It uses libdialog (recent version) and extend it with a new widget able to deal
> with both normal and radio options in the same window.
>
> dialog4ports will live forever in ports so that it can easily be updated and get
> support for new features on all supported arches at the same time.
>
> It bundles libdialog on FreeBSD versions that doesn't have a recent libdialog in
> base (read 8.x)
>
> dialog4ports also support a new feature: it has a help dialog to be able to
> print a human readable help text if possible.
>
> Here is a patch to the ports tree that makes it use dialog4ports by default.
> What it does is:
> When make config is requested and dialog4ports is not installed yet the ports
> tree will install dialog4ports first.
>
> New feature for maintainer, if a pkg-help file is found inside the port
> directory then dialog will show to the user a help file is available et propose
> him to hint F1 or ^E to show the said help file
>
> http://people.freebsd.org/~bapt/d4p.diff
>
> Please test!

I didn't get a chance to test this before it was committed, but I'm
currently running into this:

% pwd
/usr/local/tinderbox/portstrees/FreeBSD/ports/www/apache22
% sudo make config
dialog4ports isn't installed, do you want to install it now? [Y/n] n
env: /usr/local/bin/dialog4ports: No such file or directory
===> Options unchanged
%

And I'm prompted every time. Is this how it's supposed to work?

Steve