Date:      Sat, 1 Feb 2003 12:47:42 +0100 (CET)
From:      Oliver Fromme <olli@secnetix.de>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Why NO_PACKAGE when $CC is ignored?

Hi,

I'm currently making an entry for the ports collection.
The porters handbook says that the NO_PACKAGE flag should
be set if the Makefile ignores $CC and instead uses cc
(hardcoded).  What exactly is the reason for that?

I mean, I can build a package without problems, and I can
install and use the package fine on other machines with
different $CC settings.  So I don't understand that
NO_PACKAGE restriction.

Thanks in advance for enlighting me!

Regards
   Oliver

PS:  BTW, the port that I'm doing _does_ respect $CFLAGS,
if that matters.