Date:      Thu, 17 Jun 1999 17:03:27 -0400
From:      Randall Hopper <aa8vb@ipass.net>
To:        Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>
Cc:        emulation@FreeBSD.ORG, stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: vnconfig & FAT filesystem -- supported?

Bruce Evans:
 |For the current problem, just configure the vn device to support slices and
 |labels.

I think I found the feature you're referring to, but it didn't quite work.
Is this right?:

    # vnconfig -s labels /dev/vn0 /data/doscmd_C_drive
    # mount -t msdos /dev/vn0s1 /mnt
    msdos: /dev/vn0s1: Device not configured

    # ls -l /dev/vn0s1
    brw-r-----  1 root  operator   15, 0x00020002 May 27 13:43 /dev/vn0s1

 |Copying of labels in slices doesn't work very well, so handling images
 |of FreeBSD slices may require zeroing the old label in the image and
 |relabeling it in the vn device.

This is just a plain disk with a DOS FAT slice on it, so there shouldn't be
any FreeBSD disklabel involved (AFAIK).

Randall