Date:      Mon, 13 Oct 1997 22:42:30 -0600
From:      Enrique Krajmalnik <ekraj@illumen.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Password protected web site

I am having two problems setting up a web site with password protection.

1. I have added the -lcrypt option under CFLAGS to compile the htpasswd
file. It no longer reports any error messages when it compiles. However,
when I try to execute it, I get a bad command or file name message. Any
quick ideas on this?

2. I have modified the access.conf file, created an .htaccess file in
the directory I wish to protect, and created an htpasswd file (using the
web interface at euronet). I can access the site and it will propmpt for
a username and password; it will properly authorize the user and bring
up the web page. However, it only does this the first time the page is
accessed. The browser must be exited and restarted for the pasword
prompt to reappear. I am sure there is a simple fix for this.

Still new to FreeBSD....

--
Sincerely,
Enrique Krajmalnik