Date:      Mon, 6 Aug 2001 14:48:31 -0400
From:      "Nicholas Basila" <nbasila@popstick.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>, "Massimo Nascivera" <maxstevenasci@tiscalinet.it>
Subject:   Re: question about installing freebsd

    As someone else said, it's a matter of the bios supporting that.
I've had good luck recently. I've got win2k on a laptop ... and it takes
up 3/4 of the drive: FreeBSD is definitely after the 1024th cylinder. I
installed the FreeBSD boot manager on the MBR, and have no problem
booting either FreeBSD or win2k.
    I used to play the trick of creating a partition to become the root
partition in the beginning of the hard disk, installing the new os, and
then installing FreeBSD.

Nicholas