Date:      Mon, 8 Aug 2005 16:43:02 -0500
From:      "Andrew L. Gould" <algould@datawok.com>
To:        piotrekk@excite.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: howto load or install wlan_wep module on freeBSD 5.4 ?

On Mon,  8 Aug 2005 17:19:54 -0400 (EDT)
"PK" <piotrekk@excite.com> wrote:

> yes, but cable is disabled at the moment

Do you mean that the cable is unplugged or that you removed the
interface configuration?  Unplugging the cable does not change or
remove the interface configuration.

Reconfigure your cabled interface to 10.0.0.1, then test your wireless
interface again.

> I think there is a problem with DS/1Mbps
> this driver seems to allow by default the transfer rate: 1 Mbps
>
> my wlan access point accept only 54Mbps !
>
> I think I must change to 54Mbps using ifconfig
>
> Do you know, howto change this ?
>
> # ifconfig ath0 media DS/54Mbps
> ifconfig: unknown media subtype: DS/54Mbps

I think this is handled automatically by default.  (I could be very
wrong.)