Date:      Wed, 11 Jul 2012 10:25:44 -0500
From:      Joseph Lenox <lordofhyphens@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: encrypted ZFS root and encrypted swap OOTB?

On 07/09/2012 06:55 PM, David Christensen wrote:
> I wrote:
> >>
> https://www.dan.me.uk/blog/2012/05/06/full-disk-encryption-with-zfs-root-for-freebsd-9-x/
>

> On 07/09/2012 09:43 AM, Colin Barnabas wrote:
>> Perhaps this will help-
>> http://www.aisecure.net/2011/11/28/root-zfs-freebsd9/
>
> Thanks for the reply.  :-)
>

> STFW I already found various manual instructions.  I'm looking for
> something easier/ simpler that is built in to the installer, similar
> to Debian and Windows.  It appears FreeBSD doesn't have that feature.
That's because nobody has decided to implement "that feature" in the
installer (which was just completely re-done and simplified). If you
wanted to put something together (using the freebsd-installer source as
a base) that adds a menu system for queuing up the relevant commands, I
don't think anyone will complain.

--
--Joseph Lenox, BS, MS
I'm an engineer. I solve problems.