Date:      Thu, 17 Jan 2013 12:32:59 +0800
From:      Marcelo Araujo <araujobsdport@gmail.com>
To:        Matthew Ahrens <mahrens@delphix.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Filesystems <freebsd-fs@freebsd.org>, John <jwd@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: rc.d script for memory based zfs intent log

2013/1/17 Matthew Ahrens <mahrens@delphix.com>

> Pardon my inexperience with FreeBSD, but is this ramdisk persistent
> across reboots?  POST doesn't overwrite it?
>
> --matt

Hello Matthew,

No, it is not persistent, it will create a new RAMDISK at boot time.
But like in my case, I have a persistent ZIL that is mirrored, with small
changes on this script you can have a persistent ZIL.

But in my case, I have a special stuff, I have the ZIL at RAMDISK mirrored
and two different RAM and protected by battery, when I make a shutdown it
dump all information from RAMDISK to a SSD, and when I boot, it does
the opposite, create the RAMDISK and dump from SSD to RAMDISK and I just
attach it once again to the pool.

Best Regards,
--
Marcelo Araujo