Date:      Sun, 20 Feb 2000 17:59:14 +0000
From:      Mark Ovens <mark@ukug.uk.freebsd.org>
To:        Walter Brameld <brameld@twave.net>
Cc:        "Giulio Di Gio':Battista" <giulio@digiobattista.freeserve.co.uk>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: freeBSD

On Sun, Feb 20, 2000 at 08:29:22AM -0500, Walter Brameld wrote:
> On Sun, 20 Feb 2000, in a never-ending search for enlightenment, Giulio Di Gio':Battista wrote:
> > Hi from London,
> >
> > I'm a computer science student at QWM. A friend (few months ago) came and
> > installed freeBSD on my system. For some reason this guy is not around
> > anymore. I really like this operating system but the ISP drops me, I can't
> > connect to the Internet anymore, and can't create a new dial up connection.
> >
> > I've tried to get hold of the Complete FreeBSD book by ordering it from
> > amazon.co.uk. I'm now waiting for 4 weeks and nothing has even been shipped
> > yet.
> >
> > Do you know if there is a place in London where I can go and buy this book
> > without other stories?
> >
> > Thank you for reading it, hope you can help me.
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Giulio
> >
> Screw the book, read this instead:
>
> http://www.freebsd.org/tutorials/ppp/book.html

If you want the book though, and I would recommend it, try

https://ssl.dgc.co.uk/dgc-nms/web_store.cgi?page=freebsd.html&category=yes&cart_id=1897018.32668

I've bought stuff from them myself. They list the book as being in
stock, the only downside being it comes with 3.3 CDs.

HTH

> --
> Walter
>
> in·tel·lec·tu·al
> n. Someone who has been educated past his/her level of intelligence.
> Join the Army, meet interesting people, kill them.

	Linux:     Where do you want to go tomorrow?
	BSD:       Are you guys coming, or what?
			              -Poster at LinuxWorld 2000