Date:      Wed, 17 Jan 2001 10:48:30 -0500
From:      Vivek Khera <khera@kciLink.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: sshd not working after upgrade to 4.2S from 4.1R HELP

RB> 	I just cvsup'ed 4.2R to 4.2 stable as of today and like others I'm getting
RB> errors with the libssl portion. This is also causing Apache not to startup
RB> as well as causing problems with ssh. I saw on the list where other had
RB> mentioned running merge master and I did but it didn't seem to help. Can

For mod_ssl, you need to recompile it.  There is a binary
incompatibility with the SSL libs at some point between 4.2-R and some
time in December.

As for ssh not working, what errors are you getting (assuming it is
not the pam errors.)  I did an upgrade on monday and had no problems
because the pam config lines were added.