Date:      Fri, 24 Jan 2003 19:31:51 +0100
From:      "Petr Holub" <hopet@ics.muni.cz>
To:        "Hidetoshi Shimokawa" <simokawa@sat.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp>
Cc:        <freebsd-firewire@FreeBSD.ORG>, <ikob@FreeBSD.ORG>, <akimichi@sfc.wide.ad.jp>
Subject:   RE: reading from /dev/fw0?

> Those tools are merged to /usr/sbin/fwcontrol in both -current and
> 4-stable. It should work with PAL but I cannot test it.
> Quoted from fwcontrol(8):
>
> EXAMPLES
>      Each DV frame has fixed size and it is easy to edit those frame order.
>
>            fwcontrol -R original.dv
>
>      Receive stream.
>
>            dd if=original.dv of=first.dv bs=120000 count=30
>
>      Get first 30 frames(NTSC).
>
>            dd if=original.dv of=second.dv bs=120000 skip=30 count=30
>
>      Get second 30 frames(NTSC).
>
>            cat second.dv first.dv | fwcontrol -S /dev/stdin
>
>      Swap first and second 30 frames and send them to DV recorder. For PAL,
>      replace 'bs=120000' with 'bs=144000'.

I tried to test it on FreeBSD 5.0-RELEASE and it seems fwcontrol has no
-R option so far.

> > http://people.freebsd.org/~simokawa/firewire/dv-20030115.tar.gz

This one works great with PAL camera and FreeBSD 5.0-RELEASE except for
I needed to include iec68119.h from local directory and not from <dev/firewire/...>.

Thanks!
Petr

                            Petr Holub
CESNET z.s.p.o.                       Supercomputing Center Brno
Zikova 4                             Institute of Compt. Science
162 00 Praha 6, CZ                            Masaryk University
Czech Republic                     Botanicka 68a, 60200 Brno, CZ
e-mail: Petr.Holub@cesnet.cz               phone: +420-541512213
                                             fax: +420-541212747
                                       e-mail: hopet@ics.muni.cz