Date:      Tue, 7 Jun 2005 02:55:55 +0200
From:      "Daniel Eriksson" <daniel_k_eriksson@telia.com>
To:        "'FreeBSD Current'" <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: task queue: supervisor write, page not present

I wrote (almost 2 months ago):

> This is the third time in 4 days that I get the following
> crash on one of my servers.

Since the 6.0-RELEASE process is about to start I thought I should finish
this thread with a status update:

After having some serious stability issues in the second half of April and
first half of May, my dual CPU system has been pretty stable and very fast
(as long as the VM subsystem isn't put under too much pressure) for the last
couple of weeks.

I don't know what made the problem go away.

I currently have two issues that I will pursue in other threads eventually:
1. A simple 'dd' can make a machine grind to a halt. This is also visible
during other activities where the VM subsystem (buffer cache?) is being used
extensively.
2. FBSD really doesn't like it when the hardware backing a filesystem
disappears (like when a disk dies, or when a ggate server accidentally gets
rebooted or crashes). At first it just complains loudly, but if you don't
reboot quickly chances are very good the system will panic.

/Daniel Eriksson

Want to link to this message? Use this URL: <https://mail-archive.FreeBSD.org/cgi/mid.cgi?!~!UENERkVCMDkAAQACAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABgAAAAAAAAA0VcX9IoJqUaXPS8MjT1PdsKAAAAQAAAAxkkcPtg70UqK54BEVvr%2BeQEAAAAA>