Date:      Fri, 31 Jul 1998 16:21:31 -0500
From:      Alex Nash <nash@mcs.net>
To:        Satoshi Asami <asami@cs.berkeley.edu>, obrien@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: xacc/gnucash

On Fri, Jul 31, 1998 at 02:08:19PM -0700, Satoshi Asami wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Seems you two created two ports of the same thing.  Can you talk to
> each other and merge the two? :)

At the time I did the Xacc port I decided to avoid doing a GnuCash port
because of its development status.  I figured that when GnuCash became
stable, xacc would go away.

Here's what www.gnucash.org says:

  There is unfortunately no stable version of GnuCash available yet. So
  if you are interested in using a financial package now I suggest using
  the latest version of Xacc, which is a very stable, and full featured
  piece of software! =)

Alex