Date:      Sat, 25 Aug 2001 10:09:44 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@harmony.village.org>
To:        grpeters@hushmail.com
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: installing PAO

In message <200108251555.f7PFtpG97508@mailserver1.hushmail.com> grpeters@hushmail.com writes:
: I have installed FreeBSD on an older laptop, and I am trying to get
: the system to recognize my Linksys EtherFast 10/100 NIC.
:
: When I insert the card, I receive the error:
: No card in database for "Linksys" ("EtherFast 10/100 Integrated PC Card (PCM100)"
:
: Checking in pccard.conf confirms that there is no entry for this
: card.  I have tried creating an entry for this card, but to no
: avail.  So, I am attempting to install PAO, which apparently
: includes support for the Linksys PCM100 card.

Newer versions of FreeBSD have this support already in pccard.conf.
If you have the right version of the card, it will work back to about
4.1 or 4.2 with the appropriate entry in /etc/pccard.conf.

# Linksys EtherFast 10/100 Intergrated PC Card (PCM100)
card "Linksys" "EtherFast 10/100 Integrated PC Card (PCM100)"
	config	auto "ed" ? 0x80000
	insert	/etc/pccard_ether $device start
	remove	/etc/pccard_ether $device stop

PAO3 is for FreeBSD 3.5, which is a little old right now.

Warner