Date:      Mon, 19 Jun 2000 23:13:42 +0530
From:      Chirag Kantharia <chyrag@slashetc.net>
To:        Christoph Sold <so@server.i-clue.de>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: kde

On Mon, Jun 19, 2000 at 03:06:00PM +0200, Christoph Sold wrote:
| Robert wrote:
| > Is there an tutorial on getting KDE to run on FreeBSD?
| Install from the ports. Worked flawlessly for me, including kdm.
                                                    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Are you starting kdm from /etc/ttys? If so, could you list the entry?
My /etc/ttys looks like this and kdm cribs about extra argument ttyv4
and exits:

ttyv8   "/usr/local/bin/kdm -nodaemon"  xterm   off secure

(I just edited the xdm entry, replaced the path to kdm instead of path
to xdm).

PS: i searched for the above at docs.freebsd.org but was unable to find
such a problem. my apologies if the question has been asked before and
it has been answered. another thing: i do not wish to start kdm from the
console but want something like init 5 of linux with kdm always on on
ttyv8.

chyrag.
--
Chirag Kantharia <chyrag@slashetc.net> http://slashetc.net/chyrag/