Date:      Tue, 28 Feb 2006 21:38:31 +0900
From:      Hajimu UMEMOTO <ume@freebsd.org>
To:        Michael Vince <mv@roq.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 6-stable hosts.allow and samba

Hi,

>>>>> On Tue, 28 Feb 2006 22:07:52 +1100
>>>>> Michael Vince <mv@roq.com> said:

mv> I checked the logs like hell on (enabled all.log) and saw nothing, no
mv> server rejections nothing. In log.nmbd I did see a bunch of nice
mv> messages like host resolution and master browser successful elections etc.

mv> After trying just about everything to connect to the Samba I enabled
mv> "ALL : ALL : allow" in hosts.allow as a last resort and boom there comes
mv> up my samba server via MS windows.

mv> This is what I had in hosts.allow below.

mv> ALL : localhost 127.0.0.1 : allow
mv> ALL : 192.168.0. : allow
mv> ALL : ALL \
mv>         : severity auth.info \
mv>         : twist /bin/echo "You are not welcome to use %d from %h."

It's strange.  I've just tested it on my box but with ftp.  It seems
working fine.

Sincerely,

ume@mahoroba.org  ume@{,jp.}FreeBSD.org
http://www.imasy.org/~ume/