Date:      Thu, 27 Mar 2008 14:38:44 +0100
From:      Marian Hettwer <mh@kernel32.de>
To:        Jared Carlson <jcarlson23@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Question about file system checks

Hi Jared,

On Thu, 27 Mar 2008 06:01:38 -0700 (PDT), Jared Carlson
<jcarlson23@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi I have a question about startup scripts for BSD distributions.  Can
you
> turn off the file system check that occurs every 30 boots, etc?  I recall
At least in FreeBSD there is no file system checks every 30 boots.
Not to my knowledge and I've been using FreeBSD since FreeBSD 4.0
I must have been blind if there is a fsck every 30 boots ;)

> this being the case on a BSD platform, although my Mac OS X doesn't (to
my
> knowledge) do a file system check that often at all.

What do you mean by "on a BSD platform". Since this is a FreeBSD
mailinglist, I bet your questions is FreeBSD related.
If it isn't, please be more precise.

> Any info would be helpful...

thats true! *SCNR*

regards,