Date:      Sat, 25 Mar 2006 21:58:22 -0600
From:      David J Brooks <daeg@houston.rr.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: What's that filesystem for a usb flash drive?

On Saturday 25 March 2006 20:52, Saul Mena Avila wrote:
> Hello!. I've been trying to mount my flash memory but it just doesn't let
> me.
> I use (as root):
>
> mount -t msdosfs /dev/ad0 /flash
>
> The feedback is something like "device ad0 doesn't allow action"
> Can anybody help me?

Try mounting /dev/ad0s1 instead and see if that works. Failing that, you might
want to make sure you have everything you need in your kernel config. Umass
devices need some of the scsi devices as well to functionproperly. The
chapter in the Handbook on building a custom kernel should be helpful i that
regard.

David J Brooks
--
Sure God created the world in only six days,
but He didn't have an established userbase.