Date:      Sun, 1 Apr 2001 17:05:10 +0200
From:      Edwin Groothuis <edwin@mavetju.org>
To:        Randall Hopper <aa8vb@yahoo.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org, aa8vb@nc.rr.com
Subject:   Re: ARG!!! 450 Client host rejected: cannot find your hostnam

On Sun, Apr 01, 2001 at 07:57:08AM -0700, Randall Hopper wrote:
> --- Edwin Groothuis <edwin@mavetju.org> wrote:
> > On Sun, Apr 01, 2001 at 07:26:03AM -0700, Randall Hopper wrote:
> > > If anyone knows what the trick is for getting around this, I'd
> > > much appreciated
> >
> > Can't you drop the mail at your firewall and let that handle the
> > stuff? At least that IP-address and host-name are known on the
> > internet? (at least I hope so :-)
>
> Thanks for the suggestion, but they're not.  Its current DHCP IP
> is 24.25.3.190 which has no DNS entry...

Aha, so that's the problem. Please send an email to abuse@rr.com
(as seen in the soa-header for rr.com and 25.24.in-addr.arpa) with
the fact that they don't have a reverse entry for your IP address
(and thus probably more) and ask if they can add it.

Edwin

--
Edwin Groothuis   |              Personal website: http://www.MavEtJu.org
edwin@mavetju.org |           Interested in MUDs? Visit Fatal Dimensions: