Date:      Thu, 20 Feb 1997 01:39:02 +1100
From:      David Nugent <davidn@labs.usn.blaze.net.au>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   "connection refused"

I'm currently working on a network server that needs to use local
creditials on a remote connection, and if that fails, to issue a
"connection refused".

Now, my understanding of how accept() works, and what the manpages say,
I should be able to use sendto() and/or sendmsg() on a socket to
achieve this. I've searched the source tree for an example, and I've
looked through a fair amount of other source as well, but I'm still not
sure how this would be done. Unfortunately, my experience in network
programming is mainly with plain tcp clients, and I've never had to do
anything like this before.

Does anyone have either some small code snippet or a pointer to some
code which does something similar? FWIW, I'm using tcp rather than udp
for simplicity, although that may change at a later date.

Regards,

David Nugent - Unique Computing Pty Ltd - Melbourne, Australia
Voice +61-3-9791-9547  Data/BBS +61-3-9792-3507  3:632/348@fidonet
davidn@freebsd.org davidn@blaze.net.au http://www.blaze.net.au/~davidn/