Date:      Sun, 06 May 2007 12:15:16 -0700
From:      Garrett Cooper <youshi10@u.washington.edu>
To:        Michel Talon <talon@lpthe.jussieu.fr>, freebsd-ports <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: question about fields in INDEX files

Michel Talon wrote:
> Take a look at:
> http://www.lpthe.jussieu.fr/~talon/freebsdports.html
> all fields are explained.

Thanks to Michel (many kudos and much thanks!), I now have a list of all
of the fields:

    1. pkgname
    2. path
    3. prefix
    4. comment
    5. descr
    6. maintainer
    7. categories
    8. build_deps
    9. run_deps
   10. website
   11. extract_deps
   12. patch_deps
   13. fetch_deps

I looked through the INDEX file pretty quickly, and I can't see any
instances of 12. or 13.

Also, I'm still wondering if 3. is necessary because the user can
specify the install directory, and/or we could set the default to
/usr/local. The only case where I see this as incorrect is with already
installed packages, but that should be specified in the /var/db/pkg/*
files, right?

Thanks again all!

-Garrett