Date:      Wed, 24 Feb 1999 21:39:00 +0000
From:      Nik Clayton <nik@nothing-going-on.demon.co.uk>
To:        committers@freebsd.org
Subject:   doc/handbook frozen, 00:00 GMT Wed 3.3.1999

Folks,

[ to -committers and -doc ]

  ** From midnight GMT on Wednesday 3rd March, the doc/handbook directory **
          is frozen, and no new commits should be carried out there.

     As per current practice, doc/en/handbook is *still* off limits for
     commits by everyone else until I've finished.

That gives people this week, the weekend, and a chunk of next week to
commit anything outstanding to the LinuxDoc copy of the Handbook.

I'm going to lay down one last LINUXDOC_2_DOCBOOK tag, and then merge the
last few changes in to doc/en/handbook, before throwing the switch to make
that the default version.

The FreeBSD Documentation Project will then have converted the Handbook
from the LinuxDoc DTD to the DocBook DTD.

Doc. Proj. committers unfamiliar with DocBook are encouraged to look at
my primer, at

    <URL:http://www.freebsd.org/~nik/primer/index.html>;

which is a work in progress, but will shortly be committed, and to the
preliminary DocBook FAQ at

    <URL:http://www.docbook.org/faq.html>;

and to the DocBook DTD page at

    <URL:http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/>;