Date:      Tue, 29 May 2007 09:53:05 +0200
From:      Alexander Leidinger <Alexander@Leidinger.net>
To:        rick-freebsd@kiwi-computer.com
Cc:        multimedia@freebsd.org, "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
Subject:   Re: GOPchop replacement?

Quoting "Rick C. Petty" <rick-freebsd@kiwi-computer.com> (from Mon, 28 =20
May 2007 21:42:31 -0500):

> So I use avidemux2 to mark the cut spots, save the project, and I have a
> python program which converts avidemux2 project files into dvbcut project
> files.  I've also been requantizing the video to DVD quality because my
> tuner card records at broadcast quality MPEG2 (15 Mbit/s) which is too hig=
> for DVD..  For this, I use another python script which uses a combination
> of mpgtx, lame, ffmpeg, transcode, and mjpegtools and also converts the MP=
2
> into AC3.

MP2 (MPEG audio Layer 2) -> AC3?

At which AC3 bitrate? If it is not lower than the MP2 bitrate, this =20
conversation is worthless.

Why lame when you convert to AC3?

Is recode integrated into transcode/ffmpeg? If not, maybe it worth to =20
give it a try, it's a requantizer and doesn't need to decode and then =20
reencode.

Bye,
Alexander.

--=20
I spilled spot remover on my dog and now he's gone.
=09=09-- Stephen Wright

http://www.Leidinger.net    Alexander @ Leidinger.net: PGP ID =3D B0063FE7
http://www.FreeBSD.org       netchild @ FreeBSD.org  : PGP ID =3D 72077137