Date:      Wed, 28 Jan 1998 10:30:15 -0500 (EST)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@glue.umd.edu>
To:        Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
Cc:        Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>, multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: http://www.descent2.com/ddn/sources/descent1/index.html

On Wed, 28 Jan 1998, Mike Smith wrote:

> Like I said, you want an automated translator.  MASM's idea of a
> "macro" is pretty generous too, eg.

I think you're wrong ... I have done this recently, with some success ...
you take the original code and compile it (me with my Borland tools, which
compile Masm code ok) and then use the "o2c.exe" program to translate from
Intel OMF to coff.

Can you send me some of the assembler stuff?  I'll send back coff ... or
do you guys know if there's a coff disassembler?   Lemme see ...

> ;scales a vector, adds it to another, and stores in a 3rd
> ;takes edi=dest, ebx=src1, esi=src2, ecx=scale. returns edi=vector
> vm_vec_scale_add:       pushm   eax,edx
>
>         for     ofs,<x,y,z>
>          mov    eax,[esi].ofs
>          fixmul ecx
>          add    eax,[ebx].ofs
>          mov    [edi].ofs,eax
>         endm
>
>         popm    eax,edx
>         ret
>
> Making this work neatly with gas would be, er, fun.  And I invite you
> to understand the code in the div0 directory.  8)
>
> > To put it another way , Descent I will make one hell of a splash screen 8)
>
> Sure.  Just need a few keen punters with some time on their hands.
>
> --
> \\  Sometimes you're ahead,       \\  Mike Smith
> \\  sometimes you're behind.      \\  mike@smith.net.au
> \\  The race is long, and in the  \\  msmith@freebsd.org
> \\  end it's only with yourself.  \\

213 Lakeside Drive Apt T-1  |