Date:      Mon, 14 May 2007 18:30:46 -0400
From:      nawcom <nawcom@nawcom.com>
To:        Ladislav Jozsa <jozsa@volny.cz>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 3D acceleration within non-root account

Well, it shows that it has to do with device permissions; your root can
read and write to it, but your user account can't. be sure and give your
user write access to the device. Also your X log should be able to
describe in more detail on what the situation is that you are having.
check that and let me know if you got it working and also what your X
log says.
-Ben