Date:      Mon, 2 Oct 2000 07:55:29 -0400
From:      Michael Lucas <mwlucas@blackhelicopters.org>
To:        Joe Warner <jswarner@uswest.net>
Cc:        freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: BSD Magazine?

Software publishers are not going to arbitrarily add support for a
product.  Yes, we know it works, but that's very different from saying
it's supported.  That's why the Loki Games thing was news; we all know
that you could run those games on BSD, but Loki agreed to support it,
and to label it as BSD-compatible.

When we get enough vendors, the magazine will happen.  We'll get
enough vendors when there's enough publicity.  A magazine would be
great for publicity.  Sort of a three-way chicken-and egg problem;
pick the part you want to attack, and get to work.  :)