Date:      Wed, 21 Dec 2005 20:44:38 -0500
From:      "Alexandre \"Sunny\" Kovalenko" <Alex.Kovalenko@verizon.net>
To:        Bill Paul <wpaul@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Averatec AV1020 review

On Sun, 2005-12-18 at 05:00 +0000, Bill Paul wrote:

> Suspend mode: trying to suspend with zzz just makes the laptop freeze
> up and it never recovers until I power cycle it. I sort of expected this
> (suspend didn't work on my previous laptop either) and I'm not really that
> broken up about it.

If you fill adventurous, you might try commenting out infinite 'for'
loop towards the bottom of acpi_sleep_machdep()
in /usr/src/sys/i386/acpica/acpi_wakeup.c and see if it changes
anything. On mine (Averatec 3150H) suspend apparently is handled by the
BIOS and resumes at the suspend point as opposed to calling resume
vector.

Also, I have cobbled together set of thermal states for 3150H. I don't
know how similar 1020 AML is, but if you are interested, send me a note
and I will mail you "before" and "after" sources.

--
Alexandre "Sunny" Kovalenko (Олександр Коваленко)