Date:      Tue, 30 Jul 1996 14:27:14 -0400
From:      Steven Lacomis <slacomis@erols.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Help!...I'm locked out!

I am new to unix, but have a desire to learn.  I installed FreeBSD 2.1.0
from CD-ROM and rebooted the computer to start a unix session.  The
login prompt appeared but I had not specified any user name in the
installation and setup of FreeBSD.  I tried using anonymous.  This was
followed by a password prompt.  I did not specify a password for use in
installation and setup either.  I tried typing anonymous there too, but
the response was login incorrect.  I tried pressing only the enter key
for both entries but neither worked.

How can I get into my newly installed FreeBSD operating system.  Your
help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

--
Steven Lacomis