Date:      03 Oct 1997 21:39:03 +0900
From:      Hideyuki Suzuki <hideyuki@sat.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp>
To:        kato@migmatite.eps.nagoya-u.ac.jp
Cc:        asami@cs.berkeley.edu, jkh@time.cdrom.com, bde@FreeBSD.ORG, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Ever looked at this page?

KATO Takenori <kato@migmatite.eps.nagoya-u.ac.jp> writes:
> >  * http://wauug.erols.com/~balsa/linux/cyrix/
> >  *
> >  * Looks like it might be interesting for Cyrix users.
> >
> > Didn't Kato-san already do this stuff a while ago?
>
> Yes, I did.  But, I would like to know whether FreeBSD can recognize
> Cyrix 6x86MX cpu.  If there is any problem, I will try to fix.

My 6x86MX box has been working with no problem so far, though without
any related config option.  If you have to test something, please tell me.
(And of course Japanese is welcome.:)

The result of dmesg is as follows:
FreeBSD 2.2-STABLE #3: Sat Sep 27 12:49:48 JST 1997
    hideyuki@raspberry.sat.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp:/usr/src/sys/compile/RASPBERRY
CPU: Cyrix 6x86MX (150.34-MHz 686-class CPU)
  Origin = "CyrixInstead"  Id = 0x600  Device ID = 0x0  Stepping=0  Revision=0
--
Hideyuki Suzuki <hideyuki@sat.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp>
Department of Mathematical Engineering, University of Tokyo