Date:      Fri, 25 Mar 2005 12:13:02 +0200
From:      Danny Braniss <danny@cs.huji.ac.il>
To:        Ruslan Ermilov <ru@freebsd.org>
Cc:        amd64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: testers wanted

> Hi DES,
>
> On Thu, Mar 24, 2005 at 02:43:04PM +0100, Dag-Erling Sm?rgrav wrote:
> > I need someone with an nForce3-based Opteron box running -CURRENT to
> > do the following:
> >=20
> >  - upgrade to a recent -CURRENT, verify that a GENERIC kernel with
> >    NO_MIXED_MODE removed works properly *with apic enabled*
> >=20
> Looks like it works, though I got one TIMEOUT - WRITE_DMA with it.
> I just used a stripped down GENERIC kernel with hw.apic.mixed_mode=3D1
> set in /boot/loader.conf, which has the same effect as above.
>
> >  - build an unmodified GENERIC (*with* NO_MIXED_MODE) from the same
> >    sources and boot it *with apic enabled*
> >=20
> Booted the same kernel with hw.apic.mixed_mode=3D0.  It stalls
> (see the attached logs).

same here, but there seems to be a problem with the network:
 Trying to mount root from nfs:
 NFS ROOT: 132.65.16.100:/d/9
 em0: Link is up 100 Mbps Full Duplex
 em0: link state changed to UP
 em0: Link is up 100 Mbps Full Duplex
 usb_new_device: set address 2 failed - trying a port reset
 em0: Link is up 100 Mbps Full Duplex
 usb_new_device: set address 2 failed - trying a port reset
 usb_new_device: set address 2 failed - trying a port reset
 em0: Link is up 100 Mbps Full Duplex
 usb_new_device: set address 2 failed
 uhub_explore: usb_new_device failed, error=SET_ADDR_FAILED
 uhub1: device problem (SET_ADDR_FAILED), disabling port 1
 em0: Link is up 100 Mbps Full Duplex

i'll disconnect the usb stuff now ...

danny