Date:      Mon, 02 Jun 2003 23:19:29 -0400
From:      David Markle <davidmarkle@comcast.net>
To:        kris@FreeBSD.org, questions@freebsd.org, ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Snort Ports Question

I am having difficulties getting snort compiled with MySQL from the Ports
tree.  I have FreeBSD 5.0 and have used CVS to update my tree, so Snort is
current at 2.0.0.  In the ports directory (/usr/ports/security/snort) I run:

Make -DWITH_MYSQL

.. then ..

make install

All seems OK, finds the mysql client, no specific errors, etc. .....

When I try and load snort, (/usr/local/bin/snort -c ..snort.conf ...blah),
my messages file says that snort was NOT compiled with the "with_mysql" ....
What am I doing wrong ????

Thanks in advance.

David Markle