Date:      Mon, 18 Mar 1996 15:00:49 -0500 (EST)
From:      Brian Tao <taob@io.org>
To:        Robert Shady <rls@server.id.net>
Cc:        FREEBSD-CHAT-L <freebsd-chat@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Mirroring ftp.freebsd.org effectively

On Mon, 18 Mar 1996, Robert Shady wrote:

> I'm not sure what the "official" word on mirroring the FreeBSD archives
> is, but 'mirror' puts a pretty heavy load on the server it's mirroring.

    Hmmmm... maybe I'll just keep the frozen stuff around and not
bother with -CVS, -current and -stable.  Mirror updates are taking 8
hours a day now, for just the FreeBSD stuff (and mirror 2.8 still eats
up 50 to 60MB of core!).
--
Brian Tao (BT300, taob@io.org)
Systems Administrator, Internex Online Inc.