Date:      Fri, 18 Oct 2019 20:53:40 -0500
From:      "Clay Daniels Jr." <clay.daniels.jr@gmail.com>
To:        "freebsd-current@freebsd.org" <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   r353072 > r353427 > r353709

r353072 from 4 Oct worked great!

r353427 from 11 Oct last week did not. It had some drm-kmod problems and I
quickly dumped it and reloaded r353072 as I was hot to work on a project of
my own. That only bought me a week, did not solve the problem.

r353709 of today 18 Oct has only gone down hill. I tried to load it a half
dozen times, gave up and then tried re-installing r353072 which was working
earlier today, but the problem is the drm-firmware-kmod is different this
week, and even it will not run xorg.

So right now I have installed the base r353709 from today, no xorg, and it
works fine as a console. I had similar problems in late Aug for a couple of
weeks until Greg & some others said to use hw.syscons.disable=1 in
/boot/loader.conf which worked fine until now. I have tried loading today's
snapshot both ways, with the loader.conf line & without.

My project does not require xorg, just console, so I will keep it, and can
save my work to files & thumbdrives, but it would be nice to have access to
the web. If anyone has any ideas, let me know.

My setup is a Ryzen 7/MSI X570 bios/motherboard using amdgpu.

Clay