Date:      Mon, 20 Nov 2006 18:03:52 +0100
From:      Richard Arends <richard@unixguru.nl>
To:        Kevin Oberman <oberman@es.net>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Lenovo IBM Thinkpad T60

On Mon, Nov 20, 2006 at 08:30:51AM -0800, Kevin Oberman wrote:

Kevin,

> > > Make sure that you install radeontool
> > Unfortunate it does not look to work for the T60.
>
> This is very odd. What video chipset does your system use? The tools is
> supposed to be very hardware agnostic and works on every Radeon system I
> have tried it on including a variety of controllers.

I have a 'ATI Mobility Radeon X1400 HyperMemory'

> What I SHOULD have said was to add cpufreq_load="YES" to your
> /boot/loader.conf.

Okay, done.

> I think disk is a significant issue. Widows is fairly aggressive in
> powering down the disk. There are tools in ports to allow you to do this,
> but I have not had the time to play with them very much and have no idea
> if they are beneficial.

That's a good one, if i find the time i will look in to it. I have written
a simple fancontrol script, which only looks at cpu-temp, but i will not
complete it. My first tests show me that the time that the fan can stopped
completly is short, so the benefit is very small at this moment.

--
Regards,

Richard.