Date:      Wed, 01 Oct 1997 09:28:55 +0100
From:      Steve Folkes <smf@rivers.dra.hmg.gb>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: LyX Segmentation Fault (core dumped)

User Gp <gp@tower.my.domain> writes:

>>> I guess the subject line about says it. I have current as of 9/24 and
>>> pkg_add-ed lyx-0.10.7 from packages-current, but when I type lyx, I always get
>>> "Segmentation fault (core dumped)". Anyone have any ideas how to fix this?

I don't know how relevant this is (I'm running
2.2.1-RELEASE), but I had problems with LyX that resulted in
it core-dumping (I was compiling my own version rather than
using the package).

The problem turned out to be with the Xforms library - the
interface had changed incompatibly:

The version that came in the package was 0.86, with the
following prototype that caused problems:

	extern int fl_show_question(const char *, int);

The version that I used that worked was 0.81, with the
following prototype:

	extern int fl_show_question(const char *, const char *, const char *);

The fix involved forcing it to compile using the header and
shared library for 0.81.  I suspect that your problem might
be that the wrong shared library is being picked up (then
again ...).

	Hope that is of some use,
			- Steve.
--
Steve Folkes, N137, DERA Malvern, St Andrews Rd, Malvern, Worcs. WR14 3PS. UK.
   Tel: +44 1684 895649; Fax: +44 1684 894303; Email: smf@rivers.dra.hmg.gb