Date:      Thu, 20 Apr 2000 01:22:12 +0200
From:      Dirk Roehrdanz <Dirk.Roehrdanz@munich.netsurf.de>
To:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: MAKEDEV warning

Hi,

On  0, Ted Sikora <tsikora@home.com> wrote:
> After building a new kernel yesterday after a cvsup the following
> appeared.
>
> Apr 17 23:07:42 telecast /kernel: WARNING: run /dev/MAKEDEV before
> 2000-06-01 to get rid of block devices
> I did a MAKEDEV all and the message still persists.

I get this message too whenever I mount a mfs filesystem.
The line in /etc/fstab is:
/dev/da0s1b     /tmp  mfs     rw,async,-s32768        0       0

The output of "ls -l /dev/*da0s1b" is:
crw-r-----  1 root  operator   13, 0x00020001 Dec 12 21:09 /dev/da0s1b
crw-r-----  1 root  operator   13, 0x00020001 Dec 12 21:09 /dev/rda0s1b

Regards