Date:      Wed, 24 Jan 2001 00:27:08 +0100 (CET)
From:      Gerald Pfeifer <pfeifer@dbai.tuwien.ac.at>
To:        <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>, "David O'Brien" <obrien@nuxi.com>
Subject:   MFC: /etc/login.conf

I'd like to suggest MCFing this, especially the "password_format=md5" bit:

  revision 1.38
  date: 2000/11/21 23:25:39;  author: obrien;  state: Exp;  lines: +9 -1
  Add `password_format=md5' to the default settings.  I've had this locally
  for a while, but a recent email to -stable suggests it should be spelled
  out as the documentation of "password_format" is sparse.

  Also add a `des_users' entry.
  Submitted by:   Sean O'Connell <sean@stat.Duke.EDU>

See my earlier messages today on some background. This would have saved us
quite a bit of time, so at least it would be nice to see it in 4.3-RELEASE.

Gerald