Date:      Mon, 3 Sep 2001 13:02:43 +0400
From:      "Andrey Simonenko" <simon@comsys.ntu-kpi.kiev.ua>
To:        "Kelvin Ng Chee Hoong" <nchee_hoong@pacific.net.sg>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: loader

----- Original Message -----
From: Kelvin Ng Chee Hoong <nchee_hoong@pacific.net.sg>
Newsgroups: lucky.freebsd.questions
Sent: Monday, September 03, 2001 1:31 PM
Subject: loader

> Hi ;
>     How do I change the prompt message ?
>    My current prompt message look like this ...
>
> F1 : FreeBSD
> F2 : ?
> Default : F1
> Boot :
>
> I would lilke the "?"  mark to more meanning text  , how do I change it
> ? Please advise ....

Try http://www.simon.org.ua/uniload/, unfortunately I don't have enough
time to develop it and you have to install it from DOS (there is version
for FreeBSD, Linux, but it is out of date and doesn't work on new
system).

Size of Uniload is more than 512 bytes, that's why it looks better,
you can install it on floppy and check if your systems can
be booted with Uniload and if everything is Ok,  you can
install it on hard disk (install.exe program will check if
your hard disk has extra sectors after MBR for Uniload).

Please install Uniload on hard disk from floppy disk, if
something will go wrong you can restore changed
sectors on your hard disk with install.exe and backuped
file created before by install.exe.