Date:      Tue, 28 May 2013 19:20:10 -0400
From:      Outback Dingo <outbackdingo@gmail.com>
To:        Craig Rodrigues <rodrigc@crodrigues.org>
Cc:        "freebsd-xen@freebsd.org" <freebsd-xen@freebsd.org>, "xen-users@lists.xen.org" <xen-users@lists.xen.org>, xen-devel <xen-devel@lists.xen.org>, "freebsd-virtualization@freebsd.org" <freebsd-virtualization@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD PVHVM call for testing
References:  <519131D8.9010307@citrix.com> <647F6650-AEED-4784-8A45-98324860EE0A@dckd.nl> <519E1A0C.3070609@citrix.com> <CAG=rPVeWnTdhXucg-KRjgSRLfTCz5bRNdkTGQX7ug2Bu2qJkiQ@mail.gmail.com> <CAKYr3zyu-zppwsy9RDOGXj%2Bcc1Xt76hzwB0S1LnfZnhCLpxL=g@mail.gmail.com> <CAG=rPVfg5L=DhcEzrxSGwdvCuGihvvB6CEmdMsRAKxOTWZhLqw@mail.gmail.com> <CAKYr3zwbdtw4s%2BjUMNQJCc1P3S=T_b1k2M_QK8=FQKieDa7Uhg@mail.gmail.com> <CAG=rPVeZKSbWRd0egjZpvJghUsK6rXVr%2BwwL-u7LAoeKMNpozQ@mail.gmail.com>

On Tue, May 28, 2013 at 7:09 PM, Craig Rodrigues <rodrigc@crodrigues.org>wrote:

> On Tue, May 28, 2013 at 3:43 PM, Outback Dingo <outbackdingo@gmail.com>wrote:
>

>>  I wrote a blog post specifically for installing 10-CURRENT from a
>>> snapshot ISO and getting bootstrapped
>>> from there, to help the Google Summer of Code Student that I am
>>> mentoring.
>>> What specifically do you want to be backported to 9-STABLE?
>>>

>> Yes Ive seen the post, however we have a hard requirement for 9-STABLE
>> for some development work we are
>> currently involved in. And I would prefer not to move our current
>> infrastructure for development to CURRENT.
>> A major portion of our development environment is based on XEN for
>> testing and development.
>> Therefor we realize PVHM is a work in progress, and we have built some
>>  VMs from it, they run exceptionally
>> well, However our build environments refuse to build 9-STABLE on CURRENT
>> PVHVM, or 10-CURRENT.
>> Lastly Im sure theres a ton of users who would like to see this in 9.x or
>> 9-STABLE
>>

> OK, I misunderstood you since you responded in the thread and quoted some
> of my post.
> My blog post has nothing relevant to Xen and PVHM, and is specific to
> setting up
> a Google Summer of Code student on a 10-CURRENT environment.  The FreeBSD
> Xen
> and PVHM developers will need to provide the details about their plans to
> merge their changes to the 9-STABLE branch.....
> that's something which I am not familiar with.

If we can get a diff of the work done against the master Id be happy to
help backporting and testing